Recipe by Hippie2MARS
This is my son Matthew's favorite dish, which he used to request on his birthday. I love the flavor and it is oh-so-simple! If you like, you can also cut the chicken into strips instead of leaving the breasts whole.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 large bell pepper, chunked (I use a mixture of red and green peppers)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place uncooked rice in 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Top with uncooked chicken breasts.
- Drain juice from pineapple into a bowl. Add the sweet and sour sauce and chicken broth. Mix to lightly to blend.
- Scatter peppers, onions and pineapple chunks over the chicken.
- Pour sweet and sour mixture over all.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil in last 15 minutes of cooking.