Recipe by HeatherFeather
I tried a sample of this at Costco and it was so good, I bought a huge jar of the tomatoes just so I could repeat this at home. I am almost embarrassed to share this, as it is so incredibly simple, but they were so good. I am guessing on the amounts.
- 40 butter flavored crackers (such as Ritz)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmarinated sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (the kind I tried had Italian seasonings in the oil already)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, shredded, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: If your sundried tomatoes do not already have Italian seasoned herbs in their oil, you will need to first stir in 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning blend to your tomatoes, then cover and chill overnight.
- Drain off the oil from your tomatoes.
- Spread a generous spoonful of cream cheese onto each cracker and top with a strip of marinated sundried tomato.
- Place onto a platter and garnish with strips of fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- (You may need more or less or any of the ingredients- the Zaar computer only accepts specific amounts, so I have tried to give you a rough guess).