Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adapted this from a recipe I found on Life's Ambrosia (http://www.lifesambrosia.com/2009/04/cajun-chicken-sandwiches-recipe.html) - it is so simple and absolutely delicious. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups white cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder, celery seeds and sea salt.
- Add shredded cabbage and carrots. Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Stir again then serve.
Great coleslaw with a nice tang to it. I used store-bought angel hair cabbage and grated my own carrots. I didn't think I would like this since my fav coleslaw (KFC) is sweet, but this hit the spot! Made for Fall 2012 PAC.
I omitted the celery seed and salt. This coleslaw is simple but has a good taste. I may add more mayo next time as it was not creamy enough for our taste. Thanks Dottygumdrop :) Made for PAC Fall 2011