Prep 6 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Gram always made this for holidays, and I still make it. You won't believe how good something so simple can taste until you try this. Next day when it gets a little watery, (we like it like that, too!), it goes well on crackers, stuffed into a chicken breast...use your imagination! I hope you will enjoy this salad as much as we do!
- 1 head lettuce, finely shredded
- 3 (4 ounce) cans shrimp, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch scallion, finely chopped, tops too
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste at table
- In large bowl, mix shredded lettuce and scallions.
- Add shrimp and toss.
- Mix black pepper with mayo and stir into lettuce mixture, stirring gently to combine all.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour, stir again and serve.