Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My dh gave me this recipe when we were first married. My 3 kiddos love it with ketchup!!!
Make and share this Super Simple Shepherd's Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Peel & quarter the potatoes. Place in pan, cover with water & boil until cooked all the way, about 45 minutes.
- Brown ground beef with the chopped onion. And drain.
- Drain potatoes & mash. Mix in butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, & garlic powder.
- Put ground beef & onion in 13x9 pan. Mix in all 3 cans of corn. And top with the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until bubbly, about 20 to 30 minutes. Turn on broil & brown the top for just a few minutes.
I use this recipe for my shepard's pie. It is great. My husband loves it! Be careful browning the top under the broiler. I sometimes burn it!! But it's always a cheap, simple hit!
This was a hit with my kids. DH and I thought it was OK but the kids inhaled it. It's definitely a good one for picky kids as it doesn't have many ingredients. I'm sure I will be making it again!