Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom's recipe, I can't stand any other kind of sloppy joe - these are sooooooo good!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion
- 2 celery ribs
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 can condensed chicken with rice soup
- 1 can condensed chicken gumbo soup
- hamburger or hoagie roll
- Brown beef, drain and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add onions and celery and cook until onions are clear.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until hot.
- Add more mustard to suit your taste.
- Serve on buns.
I love this recipe! In my opinion it is way better than the plain old burger sloppy joes...the only thing I do different is use my favorite BBQ sauce instead of ketchup! Thanks for posting!
Very good for a fast easy dinner.
This was a delicious sandwich recipe--not traditional. I would recommend it as a meal stretcher and for a crowd of teenagers. If you do not like too much like tomato sauce, this is a good sloppy joe recipe. My family also found it was better a day or two after first being made.