Recipe by Aus/NZ Hosts
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992
Top Review by PAMELA A.
I have been using this recipe slightly altered for years, and it is still my favoriet. I salt and pepper the scallops and then dust them lightly in all purpose before putting them in the hot skillet. Two-three minutes on each side following rest of recipe and you will NOT be sorry. I grow lemon thyme in my kitchen herb pots so I always have it on hand. PLEASE do not substitute dried thyme. It makes so much difference. Fresh dill will also work, but the flavor is not as delicate.
- 12 scallops, on the shell if possible
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs of choice (we suggest parsley, lemon thyme or chives)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- freshly ground salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the scallops from the shell.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add the scallops and cook for about 2 minutes, turn and cook a further minute on the other side. Return to the shell.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes or until reduced by about a half.
- Drizzle a little of the sauce over each scallop, distributing the herbs evenly.
- serves 2 as an appetiser.