Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992
- 12 scallops, on the shell if possible
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs of choice (we suggest parsley, lemon thyme or chives)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- Remove the scallops from the shell.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add the scallops and cook for about 2 minutes, turn and cook a further minute on the other side. Return to the shell.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes or until reduced by about a half.
- Drizzle a little of the sauce over each scallop, distributing the herbs evenly.
- serves 2 as an appetiser.
I have been using this recipe slightly altered for years, and it is still my favoriet. I salt and pepper the scallops and then dust them lightly in all purpose before putting them in the hot skillet. Two-three minutes on each side following rest of recipe and you will NOT be sorry. I grow lemon thyme in my kitchen herb pots so I always have it on hand. PLEASE do not substitute dried thyme. It makes so much difference. Fresh dill will also work, but the flavor is not as delicate.
Love this simple and delicious recipe. Very refreshing for a summer meal.
I didn't have scallops on the shell and I added a few capers.
I served this with creamy mashed potatoes, sugar snap peas and a side of beets. Very pretty dish!
A keeper for sure!
I made this recipe for my Mother's 79th Birthday. Scallops are one of her favorites and we all thought it was delicious, including my husband who really isn't a scallop fan. I didn't have the shells & probably used about 20 scallops. I used chives as my herb & garlic for flavoring. Combined those with the scallops, cooked as directed and poured into a dish. I sprinkled fresh basil leaves over scallop mixture & poured the hot lemon/wine mixture after reduced over the top of everything. It was yummy and so easy to make. Will be one of my favorites!