Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ah it is baseball season again and warm weather. What best to go with the season than outdoor grilling, super fast and simple recipes, and a fun sandwich. Instead of the regular bun and big hamburger, go for a slider, smaller, cuter, and just plain fun. A bit of the twist is that this is a sausage slider and very versatile one at that.Change the condiments and toppings and you could have breakfast instead of lunch or dinner. This is a fun entrée for adults and kids alike. Use the smaller biscuits and have mini-mini sausage sliders and use as an appie. Just have fun and let me know the combinations you make from this versatile and easily adaptable recipe. Have fun. Invented recipe for RSC#16.
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits, Grande size
- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup corn, flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese, halved
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, medium size sliced into thin slices. You need enough to cover each slider
- 1 cup spinach (divided) (optional)
- Follow directions on biscuit can to make biscuits, remove from oven let cool then slice or pull apart in half (top and bottom) I used the buttermilk Grande size. (This can be done ahead of time or while you are making the patties. I made mine a few minutes ahead of time, mixed the meat, and then grilled. Biscuits just coming from oven and let cool for 5 minute while I got the condiments together and table set.).
- In a bowl mix together sausage, basil, S&P corn flake crumbs, and egg.
- Make 8 mini patties just a tad larger than the biscuits and fry in a grill pan or grill on grill top til done approximately 4 min per side for well done.
- Once patties are done, place onto bottom half of biscuit, top with ½ slice Swiss cheese, spinach, onion slice, and any garnish you choose. We like horseradish mustard or mayo, tomatoes and the onion.
- Serve with a side salad or a baseball game and a smile.
I am surprised more people haven't reviewed these because they are AWESOME!!! Made as is, loved them.
I've made my share of burgers but never sliders and this was a huge hit here. Simple to make, tasty and gone in 60 seconds. I'm not a big fan of swiss cheese but it really worked on these for me. I ended up making a second batch with 1/2 ground chicken to easy up on the fat content some and it was just as popular and a definite keeper for us. My favourite toppings were my own special taco sauce & some arugula. Thanks for creating this tasty and easy meal! Made and enjoyed for RSC #16. Best of luck!
Very good! I used hot sausage, dried basil, and the spinach on these. The meat mixture was great. I used the sriracha-mayo sauce from Biscuit Sliders, sliced tomato, onion, and cheese. Thanks for sharing. Made for RSC #16.