Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Ah it is baseball season again and warm weather. What best to go with the season than outdoor grilling, super fast and simple recipes, and a fun sandwich. Instead of the regular bun and big hamburger, go for a slider, smaller, cuter, and just plain fun. A bit of the twist is that this is a sausage slider and very versatile one at that.Change the condiments and toppings and you could have breakfast instead of lunch or dinner. This is a fun entrée for adults and kids alike. Use the smaller biscuits and have mini-mini sausage sliders and use as an appie. Just have fun and let me know the combinations you make from this versatile and easily adaptable recipe. Have fun. Invented recipe for RSC#16.
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits, Grande size
- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup corn, flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese, halved
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, medium size sliced into thin slices. You need enough to cover each slider
- 1 cup spinach (divided) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow directions on biscuit can to make biscuits, remove from oven let cool then slice or pull apart in half (top and bottom) I used the buttermilk Grande size. (This can be done ahead of time or while you are making the patties. I made mine a few minutes ahead of time, mixed the meat, and then grilled. Biscuits just coming from oven and let cool for 5 minute while I got the condiments together and table set.).
- In a bowl mix together sausage, basil, S&P corn flake crumbs, and egg.
- Make 8 mini patties just a tad larger than the biscuits and fry in a grill pan or grill on grill top til done approximately 4 min per side for well done.
- Once patties are done, place onto bottom half of biscuit, top with ½ slice Swiss cheese, spinach, onion slice, and any garnish you choose. We like horseradish mustard or mayo, tomatoes and the onion.
- Serve with a side salad or a baseball game and a smile.