Recipe by Sky's Mom
I found this recipe somewhere online. My husband LOVES quiche and quiche-like foods, but I am inept at preparing them and they always turn out runny and take too long to cook. This recipe is easy, turns out well every time, can be quickly made the morning of, and is easily tailored to your tastes. Plus, my husband loves it!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen hash browns (Seasoned or unseasoned to your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 lb sausage (we prefer homemade or Jimmy Dean's sage)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 jumbo eggs
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage. Drain.
- Grease a 13x9 pan. In the pan, mix together the melted butter and frozen hash browns. Smooth into bottom layer.
- In another bowl, mix together the sausage, eggs, onion, cheddar and cottage cheese.
- Pour mixture over the hashbrowns.
- Bake for an hour at 375 degrees. It's done when a toothpick comes out clean.