Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
These quick and delicious pull-apart buns are made with refrigerated biscuits. Sweet from the brown sugar, tangy from the citrus flavored sugar, crunchy from the toasted walnuts, these breakfast delights are pretty addictive.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 dash salt
- 3 (7 1/2 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits (NOT BUTTERMILK)
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (NOT INSTANT)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease10-inch Bundt cake pan.
- Combine 1 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt in a zip-lock plastic bag. Separatge and cut the biscuits in quarters; shake in plastic bag to generously coat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together combine 1/2 cup of brown sugar, pudding mix, walnuts, raisins, and butter; give a good stir unitl all of these ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon half of the pudding mixture into the prepared Bundt pan. Layer the biscuits over the pudding mixture; spoon the remaining evenly over the top. Repeat layer until biscuits are used. (LAYER LIKE BRICKS.).
- Combine the white granulated sugar and grated rinds. Sprinkle evenly over biscuits.
- Bake for 20 minutes, cover with foil and bake an additional 5 mintues or until biscuits in the center are done.
- Invert immediately onto a serving plate; let the pan remain until the sugary-goo and walnuts slide out.
- Serve warm with a large glass of cold milk or a piping-hot cup of coffee -- What a delicious way to start the day!