Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Possibly the easiest and tastiest pot roast you will ever make. You could always add carrots. Sometimes I will double the water and add 4 russet potatos cut into 1 inch cubes. But not until the last hour of cooking time.
- 1 (3 -5 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1 (1 ounce) packet brown gravy mix (Standard size pkt)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix (Standard size pkt)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Italian salad dressing mix (Standard size pkt)
- 1 cup water
- 1 large vidalia onion
- Rinse and place roast into large slow cooker.
- Open and pour all three mix packets over roast.
- Pour water over roast.
- Slice onion into half inch slices and spread over roast.
- Cover slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 6 - 8 hours.
- High setting will cook in 4 hours.