Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can only say thank you to the great chefs of Zaar for inspiring me to make pizza again. I tried several sauces EXCELLENT and dough recipes EXCELLENT and then told myself to come up with another sauce recipe to zip up in a hurry. Well here she is.
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml water (in addition)
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 56.69 g red wine
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed (3-4 Tbsp minced garlic)
- salt, pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- in a heavy sauce pan, medium size coat bottom with olive oil, turning pan, heat on med heat.
- add garlic and cook til just under brown.
- add in remainder of ingredients minus S & P.
- bring to boil, then simmer 30 min or until thickened to your liking.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- spread on favorite pizza dough, add in all your favorite accoutrements and enjoy.
- thid is a basic recipe, I have added in chunked tomatoes, slivered onions, shredded chicken, black olives, handful of parmesean cheese, and warmed through before preparing pie.
Wonderful flavor and simple to prepare. What's there to complain about. I'm definitely making this again. Thanks!
Excellent pizza sauce. I really like the red wine in this. I used the red pepper flake option and thought that was a nice addition. I've made similar sauces to this and it is one of our favorites. thanks for sharing. Made for Australia/NZ Swap event. :)
Excellent sauce! Very rich and flavorful. I like that it isn't too salty, like some commercial sauces. I didn't use the pepper flakes, but will next time. Used for a sausage and mushroom pizza.