Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
I can only say thank you to the great chefs of Zaar for inspiring me to make pizza again. I tried several sauces EXCELLENT and dough recipes EXCELLENT and then told myself to come up with another sauce recipe to zip up in a hurry. Well here she is.
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup water (in addition)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 ounces red wine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed (3-4 Tbsp minced garlic)
- salt, pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a heavy sauce pan, medium size coat bottom with olive oil, turning pan, heat on med heat.
- add garlic and cook til just under brown.
- add in remainder of ingredients minus S & P.
- bring to boil, then simmer 30 min or until thickened to your liking.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- spread on favorite pizza dough, add in all your favorite accoutrements and enjoy.
- thid is a basic recipe, I have added in chunked tomatoes, slivered onions, shredded chicken, black olives, handful of parmesean cheese, and warmed through before preparing pie.