Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is very simple to make and uses items that are found in most kitchens. Tilapia is a very mild white fish that can be found in many grocery stores, and often times on sale. If you aren't sure you'd like to try it or you can't find it, you can subtitute another very mild white fish. I think tilapia works best because it's a very light fish flavor that takes on whatever you season it with. I recommend a side of green veggie, like broccoli or brussel sprouts, and a mild wild and long grain rice pilaf. Healthy and delicious!
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 3 -4 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Italian spices
- 2 eggs
- extra virgin olive oil
- Take one glass baking dish large enough to lay your fillets side by side, without overlapping, and lighty coat the inside with EVOO.
- It doesn't need to be heavy, just enough to give a light nonstick barrier.
- Beat eggs to make an egg coating.
- Mix your Italian seasoning mix with your breadcrumbs.
- Rinse off fillets with water to get rid of any residue from the store and shake off excess water.
- Dip the fillets on your egg mix, then into the breadcrumb mix.
- Be sure to lightly press the fillets into the mix to help the crumbs stick.
- Lay each fillet in your dish when done.
- Drizzle a VERY light amount of EVOO on top of your fillets.
- Bake at 350*F. For approximately 20-25 minutes
- Time will vary depending on how many fillets you have adjusted to, and their thickness, and your oven.
- About halfway through flip your fillets and add a sprinkle of breadcrumbs on the side that is now facing up.
- Continue baking until complete.
- Your fish will be done when it has a firm yet flakey texture. Enjoy!
Simple to put together, clear instructions and great taste. Made this for my nephew who is visiting and is a pretty picky eater and it was enjoyed by all. Great dish to put together when in a hurry and still want something fresh and tasty
Can't get much easier than this. Very tasty. Served with sweet potato "tater tots" for a healthier "fish and chips". Made for My 3 Chefs game.