Recipe by KookieMomster
I can think of no easier way to make paint for kids to play with. This makes a chalky paint; and is excellent for painting on construction paper, side walks or even a chalk board. It will wash off of most things, though you should read the package of food coloring to see if it is washable. We use (clean) kitchen sponges as paintbrushes.
Top Review by Aleigha Nicole
This is a great recipe. I used this with my 6 month old so it didnt matter if she put her hands in her mouth she loved it and the pictures turned out great. I sprinkled some glitter on top of some of the pictures to add a little more sparkle and it looks great. & just washes off with water.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix water and starch (corn starch is a polymer and the faster you stir the thicker it gets -- weird!).
- Pour mixture into 6 smaller bowls or paint pots.
- Add 3 or 4 drops of coloring to each bowl to make the colors of the rainbow.
- Paint, stir pots frequently and GENTLY to re-mix.
- If you are painting on construction paper this should dry very fast, which is fun for impatient kids who don't like to wait for the next color.