Recipe by BBQ Man #198319
This recipe is so simple you could make it in your sleep, and so good you will want to keep a jar in the refrigerator all of the time. I got the original recipe from "Southern Living, August 2004 by Ann Wilson, Bowdon, Georgia". Her recipe was simple, but I made it even easier.
- 1 (46 ounce) jarof hamburger dill pickles, chips (save money buy the store brand)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic or 2 cloves thinly sliced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I prefer Tobasco® original)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour contents of jar into a colander and rinse with cold Rinse jar and add sugar, garlic and Tobasco®.
- Put pickles back into the jar, secure lid then shake, spin and twirl a few times before placing the jar into the refrigerator.
- For good measure, agitate the jar every time you go into the refrigerator.
- The pickles will be ready in about an hour but of course, the longer they sit, the better they get.
- (Storage time is about 3 to 4 weeks).