Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so simple you could make it in your sleep, and so good you will want to keep a jar in the refrigerator all of the time. I got the original recipe from "Southern Living, August 2004 by Ann Wilson, Bowdon, Georgia". Her recipe was simple, but I made it even easier.
- Pour contents of jar into a colander and rinse with cold Rinse jar and add sugar, garlic and Tobasco®.
- Put pickles back into the jar, secure lid then shake, spin and twirl a few times before placing the jar into the refrigerator.
- For good measure, agitate the jar every time you go into the refrigerator.
- The pickles will be ready in about an hour but of course, the longer they sit, the better they get.
- (Storage time is about 3 to 4 weeks).
These are so good it's almost like cheating. After rinsing the pickles, I layer mine with the seasonings to help them flavor through. The longer they sit, the hotter they get.