Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delectable dessert for those of you who are on any of the low carb diets out there. It's so quick and easy, you can have it done 5 minutes after you start. This will satisfy your sweet tooth without ruining all your hard work!
- Soften the cream cheese either by leaving it out on the counter or putting it in a microwave safe bowl and heating it gently for a minute or so. Using electric beaters, beat the cream cheese until it is nice and smooth with no lumps.
- In a separate bowl, using the same mixer, beat the cream until it is nicely whipped and stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, scoop all the whipped cream cheese into the bowl with the whipped cream. Beat the two together until they are completely blended. Then, pour in the Splenda and beat some more.
- Voila! A yummy dessert in no time. You can either serve this immediately as a "cheesecake flavored mousse", or, you can spoon it into individual dishes and chill for a more solid product. This entire recipe is big enough to fill a 9" pie pan.
- For those of you who are further along in your low carb program, you can add raspberries or strawberries on top to make this a real treat! Enjoy!
This recipe is absolutely amazing. I was struggling with my low carb diet and this recipe gave me something to look forward to when i needed that sweet fix. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
I am sitting here eating this as I write the review. This is very good! I have been doing low carb for two weeks now and this is the first good sweet that I have had so far! I did low carb for a year and half before, and I never had anything this delectable! I added about a teaspoon of Smuckers sugar free strawberry preserves to a 1/2 cup of this pudding...AWESOME! Also, instead of using Splenda, I used the Kroger brand of diet sugar.
Delicious, as is - and so easy. The second time I made it, I added powdered peanut butter (about 2 tsps - adding about 1 carb) . . . Yum.