Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple recipe for a desert that I learned as a cook about 25 years ago. The real trick here is balancing the juice and not being too generous when filling tarts.
- 8 graham cracker tart shells
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 medium limes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Zest 1 or 2 limes. If you don't have a zester, I suggest using a cheese grater. (Zesting is roughing up the skin of a fruit like lime, lemon or orange so that you have small strips or shreds about the size of coarse pepper).
- Fluff the brown sugar mixture with the lime zest, coating the zest with the brown sugar.
- Juice the limes and put juice in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the condensed milk to the juice and mix well (by hand is fine, you don't need mixers or anything).
- Take well combined ingredients and pour into tarts.
- Sprinkle the zest and brown sugar mixture over the tarts.
- Chill for at least an hour.