Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a tasty, easy way to make zucchini slices to go in pasta, on sandwiches, and on their own as a side dish. What would I do without the George Foreman grill?!
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch kosher salt
OTHER SEASONINGS THAT WOULD TASTE GOOD
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- Wash the zucchinis, cut the ends off, then cut them length-wise in half.
- Cut length-wise again into thinner pieces or desired consistency, then cut width-wise in half.
- Mix the oil, vinegar, and desired spices together in a bowl.
- Put the zucchini pieces into a large zipper bag and pour the glaze into it, zip up the bag, and shake well so all the pieces get evenly coated.
- Place them on a preheated George Foreman grill, close, and let cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side.
- If you don't have a George Foreman grill, I'm sure the following will do just fine-- waffle iron, panini press/sandwich maker, stovetop griddle, outdoor grill, frying pan and spatula.