Recipe by Mirj
I hate deep frying, this is the way I shallow fry my fish.
Top Review by Hey Jude
I hate deep frying too! We really loved this fish. I used small tilapia fillets and followed the rest of the recipe to a T. These came out nice and crispy and golden. They tasted great with the lemon squeezed over them. We had this with caesar salad and garlic mashed potatoes. Thanks Mirj!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and black pepper
- 4 thin sole fillets or 4 flounder fillets
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Shake well.
- Add the fish to the bag, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- Cook the fish in the skillet for 4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- The fish should flake easily with a fork.
- If you like a lemony taste, squeeze the lemon juice over the cooked fish.
- You can also garnish each serving with lemon wedges and let diners squeeze their own juice to taste.