Recipe by Cooker Man Dan
These are so good, and so filling. I just love them. And if you don't want the hot dog, just have the delicious chili.I made the recipe myself to my taste, if you find it to sweet just reduce the sugar a bit. Also the chili powder is not spicy as the sugar balances it out.
Top Review by iokenwa
This was a great tasting and easy to make recipe. Added 2 cups of onions and 7 ounces of habanero pepper juice to kick up the heat. The balance of spiciness and sweetness was perfect! Definately have to suggest using Nathan's Famous hotdogs. Also garsnished with fresh tomato slices, sweet onions and mustard. Thanks for the post.
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (398 ml) can beans (i like the maple syrup type, might only be in Canada)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lb hamburger (I use lean)
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 12 hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns
- 1 cup grated cheese (I like cheddar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown off the hamburger, drain and put aside.
- Pour stewed tomato into pot, blend with hand blender until smooth.
- Add hamburger, beans, sugar and chili powder.
- Stir together.
- Simmer on medium low for 1 hour.
- After chili is cooked cook the hot dogs.
- Put some chili in hot dog bun with cheese, then insert hot dog, then top with more chili and cheese and enjoy.