These are so good, and so filling. I just love them. And if you don't want the hot dog, just have the delicious chili.I made the recipe myself to my taste, if you find it to sweet just reduce the sugar a bit. Also the chili powder is not spicy as the sugar balances it out.
- Brown off the hamburger, drain and put aside.
- Pour stewed tomato into pot, blend with hand blender until smooth.
- Add hamburger, beans, sugar and chili powder.
- Stir together.
- Simmer on medium low for 1 hour.
- After chili is cooked cook the hot dogs.
- Put some chili in hot dog bun with cheese, then insert hot dog, then top with more chili and cheese and enjoy.
This was a great tasting and easy to make recipe. Added 2 cups of onions and 7 ounces of habanero pepper juice to kick up the heat. The balance of spiciness and sweetness was perfect! Definately have to suggest using Nathan's Famous hotdogs. Also garsnished with fresh tomato slices, sweet onions and mustard. Thanks for the post.
Delicious Baby Kato.... Thanks. I served this for Super Bowl XLXV with Nathans skinless hot dogs. It was definately a touchdown! I must admit I was scared to death about adding a quarter of a cup of chili powder to anything!!! But it was perfect. Just the perfect amount of heat with a light sweetness from the canned baked beans. The only problem we had was it didn't make 12 dogs!! I think after the first one, we put way too much chili on our next dog!! We only made 8 HUGE chili dogs! This is a keeper!
I made this recipe this summer and it was a great hit with everyone. I use a spicy hot dog and served taco chips with it. The spicy hot dogs enhanced the sweet chili.