Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I grew up eating these. They are so simple to make and taste GREAT! I recommend making extra...they never last long. :)
- 1 (8 -10 count) package refrigerated biscuits
- butter flavor shortening (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Heat one inch of shortening in large skillet.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and fry 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- While biscuits are frying, combine cinnamon and sugar in shallow dish and mix well.
- Once biscuits are done cooking roll immediately in sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Best served HOT! Enjoy!
My sister-in-law made some of these one late night and told me it was something her mom had made the kids when they were young. Very quick and easy and YUMMY! We normally shape and fry the dough and dip it in chocolate frosting.
My mom always did these for us. A good buttermilk refrigerated biscuit works best. We also make glazes for ours and sprinkles. It make for a great children activity when you need to let the kids help cook. Mom frys and the kids get to decorate their own donuts. Fun!
What a great idea! I rolled some in cinnamon/sugar and some in powered sugar. Thanks for posting your recipe.