Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
I 'rn out of dog biscuits and having 3 doggies I needed some fast. 2 @ are recently rescued so treats for training are vital. I looked up several recipes but missed 1 or more ingredients in most. Here is what I came up with and all 3 gobbled them up and are waiting as I type near the stove for batch 2. Minimal fat for the dogs and super easy and inexpensive for me. edited 2/11 seeoption below. My Sassy Girl needs to lose a few pounds like mama so I was always breking up these bisuits to meet her needs and be safe. Therefore I rolled them and used a pizza cutter to make 1/1 in squares. Now Sassy can enjoy several per day and not broken down. I
Top Review by Mgnbos
I made these with beef stock instead of granules and opted to bake for several minutes and then cut in to very small pieces and bake a little longer. My dog was patrolling the kitchen after her first taste - two paws up.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour (prefer organic)
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon beef, granules (no salt preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients then add in hot water.
- Mix with a fork or spoon until all ingredients blended (similiar to lumpy cake batter).
- Spoon by 1/2 tsp onto a greased/sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 15 min, let cool and then store if you can in an airtight container. Depending on size I made min a quarter size mound reduce or increase cook time).
- feel free to add in mashed leftover veggies that are safe for your beloveds. (no onions).
- Note- you can add more flour if too wet by TBSP to get a good consistency.
- --If you have beef broth already made use that and do not add in the water. When winter comes I keep a standby of chicken and beef broth in the freezer.
- - 15 min per cycle/cookie sheet.
- edited 2/15/11 optional.
- roll out the dough onto a cookie sheet and bake approx 8 min or until cooked through for a soft cookie consistancy.
- remove from oven and use a pizza cutter to cut 1x1 in squares.
- for crisper biscuits return to oven for 4- 5 minute.
- for soft like my babies like do not return to oven, let cool and then put into a container.