Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I got this recipe from a family friend. It is so simple that my 12 y.o. son will throw it together for me without complaining! Feel free to use any beef or pork roast you prefer. I have been known to use a chuck roast and a pork roast at the same time.
- 907.18-1360.77 g arm roast or 907.18-1360.77 g beef shoulder
- 35.43 g dry onion soup mix
- 709.77 ml water
- 4-5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 473.18 ml baby carrots
- Combine 1st 3 ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4.5 hours.
- 45 minutes before serving add last 2 indgredients. The smaller your diced veggies the faster you can serve.
made this several times now, sorry I'm just getting to rating it. Delicious!! I always like to sear the meat before putting it in the crock pot, to sort of seal in the juices, not that dryness has ever been a problem, just a habit. I also seasoned in with some garlic powder, creole seasoning & montreal steak seasoning before searing in on the stove for a few minuted each side to brown.
This roast is so simple and delicious - we found it to be fork tender after 5 hours on high - the potatoes and carrots cooked perfectly in 45 mins - just a lovely meal. Thanks Ash!
Delicious! I used a brisket and didn't have any baby carrots so just pared some down to baby size for even cooking. The only real change I made was to use only 2 cups of water and 1 cup of red wine. Smelled heavenly!