Recipe by emoryslis
This is a variation of "Super Simple Pot Roast" #53950 by Shawn C that has become a staple in our weekly menu. Adored by all that have tried it!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 white onion
- 1⁄2 lb peeled baby carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Put onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, broth in crock pot.
- Add a can full of water, mix well.
- Add carrots.
- Rinse chicken, remove giblets and stuff cavity with onion.
- Cook on low heat for about 6 hours.
- This will vary depending on you crock pot.
- Check after 6 hours.
- Meat will be falling off bone, soup will be bubbly, and carrots will be tender.
- Gravy is good as is, but I like to take it out and thicken it in a skillet.
- Put gravy in skillet, medium heat.
- Mix some flour (2-3 T) with a little water (2-3 T), slowly add to gravy, stirring until thick.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.