Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I searched for this recipe on here but I couldn't find this exact blend of ingredients... so I decided to post this as this is the only way I make it.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat (thawed)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium size onion (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Note - Chop your onions a little larger than you usually do as they shrink while cooking for so long.
- Place stew meat, cream of mushroom, can of mushrooms, and onion in crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (my crock pot takes longer than others so I cook closer to 8 hrs.).
- Every few hours, give the mixture a quick stir.
- About 30 minutes before you are ready to serve, add the sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- Serve over egg noodles.
- Hint -- if you feel that the stroganoff is too runny -- tilt the crock pot lid so it is slightly open about about 1-1/2 hrs before done to let the liquid cook out.
Very easy and tasty, was a little runny though, for a stroganoff, more of a cream soup texture. Definately need to serve it over something, too runny just to eat alone.