Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had a great simple recipe for savory scones, but just *knew* I could make a great sweet scone by adapting the basic recipe. The results far outweighed my expectations! These are akin to muffin tops, and are delicious for brunch. They are also super easy to make, and since it's just my son and me, I like that the recipe only makes 12-15 scones. I have also made this leaving out all the spices and it was still delicious!
- 1 (8 ounce) boxjiffy biscuit mix
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup craisins (orange-flavored dried cranberries)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add the cream and mix just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the mounds of dough lightly with sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
- Remove immediately to cooling rack.