Recipe by Aimchick
A very quick and easy soup perfect for cold winter days. I like to make this with cheddar cheese biscuits. Mmmmmmm!
- 6 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 2 (17 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the bacon into thin strips and fry in soup pot until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pot and put on a paper towel to drain.
- Sautee onion in the bacon drippings until tender.
- Add potatoes and water and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until heated, stirring frequently.
- Top with crispy bacon before serving.