Recipe by CJAY
From my collection of handwritten reipes.
Top Review by mrsmoore88
DO NOT LEAVE THIS IN FOR TWO HOURS - MORE LIKE AN HOUR!!! I burned the bottom and wasted most of the steak - very disappointing. The carrots carmelize and leave a burnt sticky residue. As a novice, I tend to follow directions to the word. Thanks a lot
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck steaks
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery ribs, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, pared and quartered
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450*. Place a 24" x 18" piece of heavy duty foil in a baking dish. Place meat on foil then stir together mushroom soup, and onion soup mix, spreading over meat. Top with vegetables, and sprinkle water over all. Fold foil over and seal securely. Bake 2 hours, or until tender.