Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From my collection of handwritten reipes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck steaks
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery ribs, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, pared and quartered
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 450*. Place a 24" x 18" piece of heavy duty foil in a baking dish. Place meat on foil then stir together mushroom soup, and onion soup mix, spreading over meat. Top with vegetables, and sprinkle water over all. Fold foil over and seal securely. Bake 2 hours, or until tender.
DO NOT LEAVE THIS IN FOR TWO HOURS - MORE LIKE AN HOUR!!! I burned the bottom and wasted most of the steak - very disappointing. The carrots carmelize and leave a burnt sticky residue. As a novice, I tend to follow directions to the word. Thanks a lot
Well I'm never good with making steaks well done because it always come out tough so i decided to try this recipe and OMG i love it talk about tender and great taste omg THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS RECIPE i never knew a can soup can do such great work.....I feel like im getting to be a great cook now :)
Awesome recipe! super simple yet sooo delicious!! ive made it twice this week! once for my husband and i, and the other for my brother and his girlfriend and they loved it! extremely easy clean up too:) definitely recommend!!