Recipe by DeSouter
A quick, simple recipe as shown on Paula Deen's program. These are like a dense version of Funny Bones. Don't worry about filling the cupcake cups up to the top, these are made with brownie mix and won't spill over the side like regular cupcakes will. They keep for well over a week, too. Check your box of brownie mix for directions/ingredients. I used Betty Crocker and it is what I am basing my ingredient list on.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (or 8x8" pan temperature listed on box). Place 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Mix brownies according to "cake-like" option listed on box.
- Fill each cupcake liner halfway with batter.
- Sprinkle half of the chips in the 12 cupcake liners.
- Fill liners with the remainder of the batter which should bring them almost to half-full.
- Sprinkle other half of the chips over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until a toothpick or tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and store cooled cupcakes in a ziploc bag or airtight container.
- You may use another variety of chips or even mini marshmallows or finely chopped nuts.