Recipe by Sinclairbrooks
Super easy versatile chili - Freezes well
Top Review by bmcnichol
This chili is simple but it was just OK for us. I used a can of chili beans and a can of kidney beans as I was afraid that two cans of chili beans might be too spicy. I only used one packet of chili spice and it was spicy enough with just the one. I used fresh garlic instead of garlic powder and did top mine with cheese. I also added a can of diced tomatoes as it seemed like it was missing something and hubby said all he could taste was the chili seasoning.
- 12 ounces ground beef (80 - 85%)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 (15 ounce) cans chili beans (undrained)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces chili seasoning mix, - 2 envelopes of your favorite brand
- 1⁄4-1 cup beef broth
- garlic powder, chili powder to taste
- cheese, if desired as topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Stove top:.
- Brown ground beef and onion in Dutch oven. Drain and rinse under hot water. Return to pot. Add chili beans and seasoning. Add broth to desired consistency - keep in mind that once the chili beans start to warm, the sauce in them will loosen up some, so don't add too much broth at first so it doesn't turn out thinner than you want. Heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Crock pot:.
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet. Drain and rinse under hot water. Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low 6 or more hours, high for 3 or more hours.