Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just what it says... really simple and quick. I change amounts as I add them to the pot if I think I need a little more of anything. This is a very forgiving recipe and a great base for additions.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chunk chicken (this is in the tuna section of my store, I buy the all natural one, ingred. should be chicken, water)
- 6 cups hot water
- 8 teaspoons chicken base
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place first 5 ingredients in a soup pot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, stir.
- Combine hot water and base then add to your pot.
- Cook (medium boil) for 15 minutes or until carrots are done enough for you.
- Combine cold water and corn starch then add to your pot while stirring.
- Your soup will thicken and be ready to serve.
- *You can add more cornstarch mixture if you would like it thicker. I like mine somewhere between a soup and a stew consistency.*.
This soup is so good.....if you want quick and easy!! I get the chicken from Costco here.6 tins to a bundle...also i always add a whole anise to the simmering pot..it just really adds to chicken soup. Thanks for this recipe......huggzz
Hi Trixie, what a nice chicken soup this is. I didn't have a tin of chicken so I poached some chicken breast and used that, the stock from that I used as part of my water content, but still added the base stock. It was very good and got the thumbs up from DH so full of flavour, we liked it a lot and will make it again. As you say very forgiving you could change a bit here and there if you like but it was very good as it was. Made for PACspring 2009