Recipe by Trixie 2008
Just what it says... really simple and quick. I change amounts as I add them to the pot if I think I need a little more of anything. This is a very forgiving recipe and a great base for additions.
Top Review by Gail N.
This soup is so good.....if you want quick and easy!! I get the chicken from Costco here.6 tins to a bundle...also i always add a whole anise to the simmering pot..it just really adds to chicken soup. Thanks for this recipe......huggzz
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chunk chicken (this is in the tuna section of my store, I buy the all natural one, ingred. should be chicken, water)
- 6 cups hot water
- 8 teaspoons chicken base
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 5 ingredients in a soup pot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, stir.
- Combine hot water and base then add to your pot.
- Cook (medium boil) for 15 minutes or until carrots are done enough for you.
- Combine cold water and corn starch then add to your pot while stirring.
- Your soup will thicken and be ready to serve.
- *You can add more cornstarch mixture if you would like it thicker. I like mine somewhere between a soup and a stew consistency.*.