1/1 Photo of Super Simple Chicken Soup
Trixie 2008's Note:
Just what it says... really simple and quick. I change amounts as I add them to the pot if I think I need a little more of anything. This is a very forgiving recipe and a great base for additions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chunk chicken (this is in the tuna section of my store, I buy the all natural one, ingred. should be chicken, water)
- 6 cups hot water
- 8 teaspoons chicken base
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Place first 5 ingredients in a soup pot and saute for 5 minutes.
- 2Add chicken, stir.
- 3Combine hot water and base then add to your pot.
- 4Cook (medium boil) for 15 minutes or until carrots are done enough for you.
- 5Combine cold water and corn starch then add to your pot while stirring.
- 6Your soup will thicken and be ready to serve.
- 7*You can add more cornstarch mixture if you would like it thicker. I like mine somewhere between a soup and a stew consistency.*.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Simple Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 338.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 11.7 g