Recipe by Austin Brown
OK, this is NOT authentic, but it is delicious, and takes less that 20 minutes from start to finish. Serve over rice and it's a delicious, simple, healthy lunch. IMHO the secret ingredient is the soy milk, which gives texture and a savory character to the sauce without long cooking or adding much fat.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, diced coarsely
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chicken meat, drained
- 2 tablespoons turmeric (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (to taste) (optional)
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high.
- Add diced onion, stir, and sauté until just starting to turn translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add chunk chicken (don't forget to drain) and stir.
- Add turmeric, curry powder, and cayenne, stir well to coat.
- Add soy milk, stir once more, and cook on medium high (stirring occasionally) until mostly evaporated and fairly thick - about 7 minutes.
- Serve over rice or naan if desired.