Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I stumbled across this recipe while I was trying to find something simple, easy, yet delicious to make for a friend. Being a newlywed, there's not always the money for fancy schmancy dinners, but this was perfect! I served it with a rice pilaf and orzo side! YUM!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 12 ounces muenster cheese, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Dip chicken breasts in egg, then roll in bread crumbs to coat. Lay in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Layer cheese on top of chicken. Spread soup on top of cheese. Bake covered in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 20 to 30 minutes more, until juices run clear.