Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a favorite for my daughter and myself! It's a super easy one so I don't mind fixing it anytime especially since my daughter could eat the whole pot by herself! She prefers just the dumplings so I double them but you can do it as you wish! Enjoy!
- 1 whole chicken
- 226.79 g packagefrozen dumplings (not sure how many oz it is but it's the regular package)
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 396.89 g can chicken broth (may or may not need)
- Cook whole chicken in large pot full of water until done. Remove chicken from pot and debone. Save broth from chicken and add soup. Return broth and soup to a boil, then add frozen dumplings. We use Mary B's open Kettle dumplings. They are often found in the frozen food section near the other frozen breads. We use two packages of dumplings and often have to add more broth because of it. Just watch and add as desired for your preference of thickness. Boil as directed on package (I think it's 45 minutes) then add chicken back. Cook just long enough to warm chicken back up. Be careful because once chicken is added dumplings will easily stick.
This is the same way my mom makes it and boy is it good! When adding the soup I also add a package of frozen peas and carrots and bring it all to a boil. We usually mix up some bizquick dough and once the soup is boiling you drop them in and cover. These are the best! My mother in law drops in the breakfast buiscuits from the frig section and they are good too! This is a great recipe. I don't usually need the extra broth. Also good with cream of mushroom soup...