Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was inspired by another tomato soup recipe with additional ingredients. I kept it simple and made a great soup to pair with grilled cheese.
- 118.29 ml onion, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- 411.06 g canpetite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil (I use Del Monte brand, others would work)
- 304.75 g can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 236.59 ml milk
- In a saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in seasoned tomatoes (with juice), soup, and milk.
- With a wand blender, whirl soup until desired consistency.
- Bring almost to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Great, quick, jazz-it-up recipe! I love tomato soup, and this was an easy alternative to the good ol' standby. I actually had Basil, Garlic, & Oregano Diced Tomatoes, and they were great. Tip: make sure the onions are tender in step oneâ€”soup shouldn't require a lot of chewing! ;-)
Nice and easy! Thanks for sharing :-)
Excellent! Made this with grilled cheese sandwich and I love the thick, heartiness (is that a word?) of the soup. It has very small pieces of tomato left but it was great. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for posting!