Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe we made up, and I have to say, it came out really well! Use whatever meat you have on hand--leftover ham, chicken, or sausage would all be nice. Add some leftover roasted veggies, chopped fine. This recipe is incredibly adaptable.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 828.06 ml hash brown potatoes (use a package of refrigerated hash browns)
- garlic salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 vegetarian breakfast sausage patties
- 8 eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13" glass pan. Thaw sausages and chop finely.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet and saute onions until golden.
- Put potatoes in mixing bowl, add onions and sausages, stir, and add seasonings to taste. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle cheese on top of casserole.
- Beat eggs and milk together lightly. Pour over casserole.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover casserole, and bake 15 minutes more, or until casserole is set and cheese is golden.