Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from an old issue of Real Simple magazine. Shredding rotisserie chickens can be messy, but I think it is well worth the effort! The rotisserie chicken really adds a lot of flavor to this sandwich. But the real flavor will depend on what BBQ sauce you choose. Get creative!
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat shredded (about 5 cups)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (use your fave)
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, roughly chopped (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns (I like to use onion)
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, BBQ sauce and jalapeños (if using).
- Slightly heat mixture in microwave if you'd like.
- Divide the mixture evenly among buns.
- Great with coleslaw, potato salad or kettle chips!
These were very easy and tasted great!! How can you really go wrong starting with a rotisserie chicken? My DH adored this. I did not use the jalapeno (personal preference).Very easy. Made for Spring PAC,2011.
I had purchased a rotisserie chicken a few days ago and eaten the dark meat but still had the breast meat to use. I shredded up part of it and made about two sandwiches worth of this recipe. I used homemade BBQ sauce I already had on hand and toasted wheat bread in place of the buns (also what I had on hand). Really nice way to use up some leftover chicken. Thanks for sharing!