Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so easy and great for kids in the kitchen!
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped small (Granny Smith, Gala or Fugi)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 8 large refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine apple, applesauce, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon in a bowl.
- Separate biscuits and roll out each into a 6-inch circle.
- Place biscuits onto greased baking sheet.
- Spoon apple mixture onto the center of each biscuit, dividing evenly.
- Fold biscuits in half and pinch the edges to seal.
- Brush tops of each biscuit with melted butter. Combine sugar and the rest of the cinnamon; sprinkle over the tops.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
I enjoyed these, but they weren't as easy as everyone says. I kept having trouble getting the filling dry enough to not break open the crusts. Tasty thought!
These are so easy to make, and taste so good. My fiance will love them.
I made these for DD and she's gives it 5 stars. I made them with a Granny Smith apple and sweetened applesauce. I think they'd be good with a sweeter apple, too.