Recipe by Mirj
Need chicken soup fast and don't have time to cook that bird for hours? This has happened to us plenty of times, when someone has come home in the mood for chicken soup.
Top Review by Derf
Mmmmmm Good!! Mirj, this made a great lunch to pack to work, I made the whole recipe, packed some for lunch with some crackers and froze the rest of it in lunch portion sizes. The only change I made was to use thinly cut red onion half moons, was out of scallions. Nice taste. Would be nice next time to maybe add a little rice or noodles. Wonderfully easy and quick to make, would also be a good way to use up left over chicken, other meats, rice etc. Thanks for posting!!
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 scallions, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the chicken, carrots, peas and scallions.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired (there should be enough flavor in the broth).
- Serve, or freeze for later.