Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are always a hit at every gathering that I've made them for. Make sure that you use more crab than cream cheese.
- 24 mushrooms
- 3⁄4 lb crabmeat
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- onion, minced
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Remove stems from the mushrooms.
- Wipe the caps clean.
- Arrange the caps, upside down, in single layer in a baking dish, preferably glass.
- Rinse and finely chop the stems.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chopped stems with crab, onions, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Tabasco.
- Add a little celery or garlic if desired.
- Salt to taste.
- Fill each mushroom cap with some of the mixture.
- Add enough water to cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle each cap with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are hot through and the cheese has browned.
These are great! I fried the onions first and added about a cup of breadcrumbs. I agree with the other review, the water on the pan is not necessary. My advice: be generous with the tabasco sauce! It gives it a really great kick, and it won't be too spicy because the cream cheese and mayo evens it out. I added about 15 splashes in mine and it was great. I made about 50 for a potluck in Chile, and they lasted about 5 minutes!
These are GREAT stuffed mushrooms! They are easy to throw together and have a fabulous flavor. I used imitation crab meat and neufchatel cheese. I did add 1 minced garlic clove. The mushrooms make a lot of juice themselves so I'm not sure the water in the pan was needed. Made for the Went to the market game.