1/2 Photos of Super Shrimp and Garlic Bruschetta
I created this today from ingredients that I had on hand to serve as my Sunday afternoon appetizer. It was so tasty (IMHO) that I decided to post the recipe., If you like a crisp bruschetta toast both sides of the bread. This appetizer went over well served with a Martini but I think you will enjoy it even without the Mart Mart!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or spray a small skillet with olive oil)
- 6 ounces raw shrimp or 6 ounces prawns, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped'
- 2 medium mushrooms, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, plain or flavored (I used garden vegetable lite)
- 6 drops hot sauce (more or less to suit your taste)
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, pieces (enough to cover each bruschetta, I used aged) or 8 slices of your favorite cheese (Neerdammer is excellent)
- 8 slices baguette, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- olive oil, enough to lightly paint one side of the bread slices
- 1Lightly paint one side of the bread slices with oil and place under the broiler, oil side up and lightly brown the bread- remove from oven (you may do this the day before and keep them fresh in a sealed tin).
- 2On an oiled skillet saute the garlic, onions & mushrooms until almost golden- add chopped shrimp and saute for about 2 minutes or until the shrimp meat is just cooked (do not over cook).
- 3Add hot sauce & season with salt & pepper.
- 4Add cream cheese and mix well, cover & store in fridge until just before serving, have it at room temp when you are ready to spread the mixture on the bread slices.
- 5Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 610 minutes before you want to serve evenly spread the shrimp mixture on the unbaked side of the bread, take it out to the edges.
- 7Cover with the thin slices of cheddar.
- 8Place on baking sheet or a pizza stone and bake at 375 degrees F for apprx 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- 9Serve warm or hot.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Shrimp and Garlic Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.6
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 1307.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 36.1 g