Recipe by Some1sGrandma
I found this at www.proctorsilex.com. I lost the recipe book for my super shooter plus years ago and found that regular spritz cookie recipes don't work in it!. I haven't yet tried this one yet, but will soon. I hope to add a few drops each of orange flavoring and yellow and red food coloring. I used to make a flower cookie with a "red hots" candy center that was so cute and always got compliments.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place butter and shortening in a large mixing bowl and cream together on medium high speed.
- Add sugar gradually; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well using medium speed.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture in three additions; mix well after each addition.
- The dough will be stiff.
- Assemble and fill super shooter with dough; use desired disc.
- Press cookies on ungreased, uncoated baking sheet (no teflon).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Do NOT overbake.