Recipe by Creole cookin'
The name says it all...DO NOT OMIT LEMON JUICE- it's the secret to a soft cookie!!
- 1⁄2 cup quaker quick oats
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350 degrees.
- put oatmeal in a blender or food processor and finely grind.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Combine butter, sugars,vanilla and lemon with electric mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Sift flour mixture into egg mixture, blending well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- scoop round balls with an icecream scoop and place 2 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment.
- bake 16-18 minutes.
- cool on a wire rack.
- store in a sealed container to keep soft.