Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I teach 6+ hours of ballet everyday - this is a yummy hearty/healthy breakfast in the morning that gives me the boost of energy I need. I was previously a sugar hog in the morning, and then would have to keep consuming sugar throughout the day to stay on my toes - and I would get really tired, and headaches. I needed a change...Ever since I pulled this together I have been hooked, and feel great. It's delish & I don't get sick of eating it either! Time to share my secret! *note* I usually just eyeball this recipe, so the measurements are more of a guide... do what looks good to you! Sometimes I change it around depending on what I'm craving!
- 1⁄4 lb breakfast sausage (I buy a pound, and use about a fifth of it)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup fresh broccoli
- 2 large eggs
- 1 dash shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper, for taste
- Brown sausage in pan on medium heat.
- add almonds -- stir almonds & sausage occasionaly for about 1 minute add broccoli & spinach - cook stirring occasionally until spinach is wilted Add eggs - scramble everything until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Add a little bit of cheese, salt & pepper to make it yummy! Enjoy hot!