Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Have tons of Squash in your garden ? This is a tasty way to serve it up. Can sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving for extra yumminess!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 6 yellow squash, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over med heat. Add the onion, squash, garlic and tomato and sauté for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the red pepper flakes, basil and salt and remove from heat.
- Serve with parmesan if desired.
We loved this, even my picky DD. Hubby went back for seconds, so it's a winner for us! I kept the red pepper flakes down to 1/2 tsp. for our tastes. Didn't want to scare my poster child for hating food too bad :) This was great!
Great recipe, I used a combination of yellow squash & zucchini other than that I made the recipe as stated & sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, yummy. A very tasty and easy to make recipe. Thank you Debs for sharing!
This was outstanding! My family loved it! I added jarred roasted red peppers instead of the flakes and added zucchini since it's what I had and it was delicious! Very easy very quick to make.