Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This was one of those necessity creations. I didn't have the ingredients to do what I had planned, so I had to improvise. We liked the outcome. Hope you do too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork chops, trimmed and boned
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT pork chops and rice in a slow cooker.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add pork chops.
- Cook for 6 hours (I used medium setting on slow roaster).
- Serve over rice, or add cooked rice to mixture during the last half hour of cooking.
Thanks so much for sharing. This was tasty and very tender.
I loved they way this turned out. I normally dont choose recipes with canned tomatoes, so I only used 1 can and liked it! I cooked it on low for about 5 hours and it was very tender. Thanks!
This receipe is great. I used pork tenderloin but didn't have any molasses. I will and have passed it along to family & friends. Thanks,