1/1 Photo of Super Sandwiches for Kid's Parties
Perfectionist cook's Note:
I make sandwiches every year for my children's birthday parties and they are always extremely popular. A friend recently asked me for the recipe but didn't make them so well. I figured out that the order had to be precise for the sandwiches to be as tasty as possible. So here is my method for making the perfect sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices white bread (very soft sliced bread with the crusts cut off)
- 8 slices brown bread (very soft sliced bread with the crusts cut off)
- butter (tastes better than margarine but make sure you soften it first)
- ketchup (can use reduced sugar version)
- mayonnaise (a good quality one with whole eggs)
- 8 slices ham (lean, can be smoked)
- 8 slices gouda cheese (can use other yellow cheese but please not processed cheese slices!)
- 1Generously butter the bread slices and arrange on your bench so that each sandwich has one slice white and one slice brown bread.
- 2Spread the mayonnaise on the white buttered bread making sure to get right to the edges of the slice so that the ends don't get dry.
- 3Place a slice of cheese over the mayonnaise.
- 4Spread ketchup thinly over the brown slice, again making sure you go to the edges and then cover with a slice of ham.
- 5Place the two pieces together, then press gently down on a cutting board and slice diagonally twice so that you have 4 triangular pieces.
- 6Continue with the other slices until you have 32 pieces which you arrange points facing up on a platter.
- 7Cover with cling film and chill for 2-3 hours before needed.
- 8Decorate the platter with chips scattered over if you like.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Sandwiches for Kid's Parties
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.7
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 345.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: